September 30, 2012
Current mood: excited
Announcing a science conference, STAIF II, to happen in Albuquerque on April 16-18, 2013. The conference will present peer-reviewed scientific papers on physics, exotic propulsion concepts, discoveries about Mars and the use of science to remediate problems here on Earth. The conference will be held at the MCM Eleganté. Senior, student and day rates will be available.
The purpose of this conference is to enable highly qualified scientists to present ideas that are far in advance of mainstream thinking.
This conference is intended to appeal to people who want to get off the planet. It’s not about not liking Earth; it’s about looking at the stars and feeling in your gut that we need to be there. We can get there. This conference is about making it happen.
Keep in mind Clarke’s Three Laws –
- When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
- The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
- Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
About that third law – once you’ve got the concept of technology down, the notion of “magic” as some unexplainable, supernatural force can be put aside and the term relegated to stage shows in Las Vegas.
Some details –
- Listing of conferences / sessions (More details)
- Regisration – Online or by mail (printable form)
- Submit an abstract (Read the format guidelines for papers first!)
- Special Presentations
- Quotes to think about
- Contact Form
- Hotel Information
Copyright © 2012 STAIF II Inc. and Mike Blessing. All rights reserved.